Who doesn’t love a quick and easy weekend brunch! Often times my weekends are even more packed than my weekdays. Being the busy bee that I am my weekends are nearly always filled with errands, social events, workouts and outdoor activities, so finding time to make healthy meals is always a challenge!
Here is one of my favorite healthy eats that takes less than 10 minutes to cook…All you need are the below ingredients:
- ½ Cup of red onion chopped
- ½ Medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1-2 Large eggs
- ¼ Cup of pepper jack cheese
- 1 Jimmy Dean fully cooked turkey breakfast sausage chopped
- ½ Strip of applewood smoked bacon chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of olive oil or 1 spray of trader joes olive oil cooking spray
- 3 Teaspoons of pico de gallo
- 3 Teaspoons of hatch green chili
- 3 Mission small street taco corn tortillas
Recipe yields roughly ~3 street style tacos
- First step is to spray or oil your pan and chop up the veggies and meat.
- Next once your pan is hot and ready, sauté the chopped bell peppers, onions and protein until browned.
- Once the veggies are cooked, crack and add the eggs to the pan and begin scrambling/mixing the ingredients together. Continue to sauté the egg, meat and veggie mixture until cooked to your desired consistency.
- Portion scrambled mixture into the tortillas, top with cheese and salsa then serve!
What I love about this recipe in the versatility and ability to make it your own! You can sub most of the ingredients for other options, whether that be red bell peppers instead of green ones or cotija cheese instead of pepper jack. No matter what alternate ingredient options you choose is sure to be a fan favorite!